Friday, January 28, 2005

Here ye! Here ye! (An Introduction)

I have kept a journal now for a few years and it took me long enought to build up to that. I have this problem...most employers call it "attention to detail," but I call it being totally anal. Since I was young I tried to keep journals because who doesn't want to have some account of their lives to look back upon when they are older (I know there are plenty of people, but I will be requiring much poetic liscence over the course of my time here)? My "problem" did not affect my journaling until I missed a few days here and then a few days there. What was I to do? I had to catch up or else days of my adolescent life, in all their gradeur and excitement, would be lost...forever! (Note the superfluous exclamation point, believe it or not this is a man writing, just kidding ladies). Once those missed days amounted to more than I could recount, as they inevitably did, I would freak out and quit journaling for a while.

By my 20's I was able to allow myself some grace and continued plugging away at my journal despite long breaks of 6 months at time in some cases and now I am the well adjusted journaler that you have before you. The question is, "Can this translate to a blog?" We will see.

No comments: