Thursday, December 11, 2008

Moving On...

This week I handed in my resignation from a church called Three Nails. Three Nails has been around for five years. I was there when the idea of it first popped into existence and I will be there next week as its faithful members decide to close the doors.

It is times like these that a mixture of emotions swell up: failure, relief, frustration, but most of all, grief. The passing on of anything is hard, it is sad, and we usually want more than anything to try and reverse the process. I think this is why deciding to close a church is so difficult, there is always something to hold on to and always something worth fighting for, but when do you stop and accept that it is over.

This is where we have come. Some will say that we should not do this or allow this and a big part of me will agree. I think there have been, and still are, some great things about Three Nails that you don't find too many other places, but it is time.

2 comments:

Bruce Robison said...

Kris,

What I know is that this work has been a blessing in many lives, and as all these good folks continue in Christ, 3 Nails will live and flourish. You drop a stone in a still pond, and the ripples circle out to the farthest edges.

And blessings on this day of your priesting.

BruceR

Kris said...

Thank you Bruce. I think that Three Nails will live on in the hearts of those it touched for many years to come. I know it does in mine.

And thank you. This day was wonderful...and exhausting.